Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Since I live in the Flint, Michigan area, I recently had to endure all the local media hype over Vijay Singh and his win at the Buick Open. Golf is generally not one of my favorite spectator sports, but I have at least paid some attention to it lately if only to hope that Singh falls flat on his face and never wins another tournament in his sorry life.

As a fervent supporter of women's sports, Singh earned a spot on my Jackass list a few years back when he showed a total lack of respect for the great golfer Annika Sorenstam and (in my opinion) a total lack of respect for women athletes in general.

Methinks that Vijay is afraid to play against a top woman golfer because, well, he might get his behind whipped by her. What a coward, what a sexist jerk, and (in spite of how many tournaments he may win) what a loser!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home