Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Monday, January 09, 2006

It has been quite a while between postings, due to the fact that this reporter was away in the Caribbean and did not have easy access to a computer and the net. We have some catching up to do.

First, some sad news from the Sports Desk about a colleague of mine at the University of Michigan-Flint. I was greatly saddened to learn that Grant Burns passed away on Thursday, January 5, 2006...just a day before my return from St. Kitts and Nevis to Michigan. Grant was a great librarian and an even greater human being. He was my immediate supervisor, but I also considered him a friend and a mentor. He helped me to become a better librarian and a better person, and for that I will always be thankful. I will miss talking with Grant about such things as sports (and how badly the Detroit Lions stunk!), politics (those darned Republicans!), and music (the eternal greatness and relevance of such musicians as Bob Dylan).

More postings to come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home