Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Friday, March 17, 2006

One day of March Madness (for the men, anyway) is in the books and here's how I did with my picks...

In the Atlanta regional I scored a perfect four of four, with Duke, Geo Washington, LSU and Texas A&M all winning. That last one being particularly satisfying for me, as the whiney jackass also known as Jimmy Boeheim gets to slither back to Sorrycuse whining all the way! See ya, Jimmy Boy!

Over to the Oakland regional where I did not do quite as well. I had Marquette advancing two rounds, that isn't going to happen since they choked in the opening game against Alabama. Thanks a lot, guys! I also had San Diego State winning but Indiana spoiled that one.

A very close call for Gonzaga had me once again questioning my sanity in picking the Zags to go all the way...but they managed to survive.

UCLA over Belmont was basically a no-brainer.

On to Washington DC and another perfect score for the Gonzo Journalist...Washington, Illinois, Wichita State and Tennessee all won although the Vols just barely escaped being eliminated by 15 seed Winthrop.

Finally, the Minneapolis regional. Like Marquette, I had Oklahoma advancing two rounds. And like Marquette, the Sooners lived up to their nickname and exited the tourney sooner rather than later as Wisconsin-Milwaukee pulled off the upset. All I can say to Oklahoma is "you guys suck!"

I also missed on Nevada over Montana, but that's OK because I had Boston College taking them down in the second round anyway.

I did get Boston College and Florida right.

Much more of this to come from both the women's and men's tourneys.

And in the men's NIT, Michigan advances with a win over UTEP and plays Notre Lame next. No, that was not a typo...I really meant "Notre LAME."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home