Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Some early calls on this coming weekend's football, for what it's worth:

Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan-take Michigan and give the 30 1/2 points...the Wolverines are going to be at their best after a tough loss to Notre Dame and therefore the Hurons, oops I mean Eagles have no chance.

Penn State vs. Central Michigan-the Mighty Chips will keep it under the 23 1/2 point spread! I must be out of my mind! But no, really, I think they can do it! We will see what we will see, eh?

Notre Dame vs. Michigan State-Oh how I hate both of these teams! With overtime in college FB we will never again have a 10-10 tie in this matchup like in 1966. It is ND's home opener and they have won their first two against better competition than MSU, so I'd take the Irish and give the seven points.

Southern Cal vs. Arkansas-USC is good but are they really 31 points better than the Razorbacks? I'd take Arkansas and the points.

Nebraska vs. Pittsburgh-Nebraska is favored by 10 1/2 but them ol' Cornhuskers ain't what they used to be. Pitt will win this one outright, forget about the spread.

Texas vs. Rice-the Horns are very good and Rice is very, well, not good. Still I have to wonder if Texas will cover the 40 point (!!!!!) spread. That's a lot of points. Still, I think I would take Texas to cover.

Ohio State vs. San Diego State-the line is 27 1/2 and this is one of those games that could be closer than expected. On the other hand, Ohio State like Michigan is coming off a disappointing loss, so I think the Bucks will cover the spread.

Miami of Florida vs. Clemson-wow, the line is closer than I'd think on this one, only Miami by seven and a half. Clemson always seems to choke in big games, so as much as I hate the Convictcanes I see them winning by more than the line.

UCLA vs. Oklahoma-UCLA is favored by seven at home, but I think the Sooners will win for real.

Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears-Lions got a quality win over Green Bay and should have no problem with the Bears, who of course Still Suck. The line is Lions by 2 and a half and they will easily cover it.

Green Bay Packers vs. Cleveland Browns-the Pack will be fired up after the loss at Detroit, so take Brett Favre and Company and give the seven points. This one will not be close.

Indianapolis vs. Jacksonville-take Jax and the nine points, they may win this one outright over the Overrated Colts and Overrated Choker Peyton Manning.

NY Giants vs. New Orleans-take the Saints to win this one, over another team led by a Whining, Overrated Jackass named Manning.

Cincinnati vs. Minnechoka-the Crykings will drop to 0-2 with a loss to the Bengals. The Guy With the Coolest Name in the NFL (Cincy's T.J. Houshmandzadeh!) will score at least one TD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home