Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Michigan put up double nickels and pitched a shutout against Eastern Michigan, in other words the Wolverines won 55-0. What this proves is, well, probably not much more than this is what happens when a top tier Big Ten team plays a bottom dwelling Mid American conference team. We will find out much more about the football Wolverines the next two Saturdays when they travel to Madison and East Lansing for tough road games against the Badgers and Spartans.

Speaking of the Spartans, they managed to go to Notre Dame and hang 38 points on the Irish in regulation time and won 44-41 in OT. Which makes me even more angry at Michigan's inability to score points AT HOME against the same Notre Dame team that MSU had no problem scoring against. More than ever I think that it is time for the coaching regime in Ann Arbor to change. Lloyd Carr is a good guy and a loyal Michigan person, so I would kick him up to assistant athletic director and groom him to replace Bill Martin. I'd kick the rest of the current coaching staff to the curb and start with new people and fresh thinking. Michigan has too much talent to lose two or three games every year, year in and year out with the exception of 1997. I do not expect Michigan to win every game every season, but I expect better than we get all too often.

My other favorite college team did not do so well as Penn State beat Central Michigan 40-3. I guess I was in fact out of my mind for thinking that the Chippewas could cover the spread.

Perhaps my least favorite (or most hated) college team, the Southern California Hollywood Pretty Boyz (oops I mean Trojans) had little trouble with Arkansas. I hope that someone can beat U$C soon because, did I mention I really hate these pretty boys, Los Angeles/Hollywood in general, and all that they and it stand for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home