Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Friday, October 14, 2005

Tomorrow's college football:

Ohio State will beat Michigan State, and cover the spread.

Michigan is gonna punk Penn State, oh yeah!!!! And the chant of "O-VER-RA-TED!" will rain down on the heads of JoePa and the Nittany Lions!

The Mighty Chippewas of Central Michigan are going to cover the spread and beat Ohio U.

Northern Illinois by 21 over Eastern Michigan sounds about right.

As does Georgia Tech by 20 1/2 over Duke, and it may be even more of a blowout than that.

Texas should have little problem at home against Colorado.

Wisconsin will edge Minnesota in the Battle of Teams Michigan Should Not Have Lost To.

Syracuse vs. Rutgers...Overrated vs. Just Plain Sucks. The line is Sorrycuse by 2, I'll take the State University of New Jersey to beat them.

I just have a feeling about this one...Indiana will upset Iowa at the Hawkeyes' house. Or I may be out of my mind. Take your pick.

One of these weeks I am finally going to get it right re: the Hollywood Pretty Boys of Southern California. This is the week. Notre Dame will beat them.

Once proud Nebraska is only favored by two and a half against usual also-ran Baylor. Baylor may just beat the Huskers!

Miami of Florida by 41 over (still pitiful, probably always will be pitiful) Temple. It may not get quite this ugly, but the Miamians will not lose this game.

Speaking of pitiful excuses for Division I college teams, how about the U. of Buffalo? Bowling Green will beat them by at least the 24 point spread.

Virginia over Florida State Criminoles in the I am Out of My Maize and Blue Mind and I Never Forgave Florida State for 1991 Special!

I like Auburn to beat Arkansas.

California-Berkeley, the West Coast Vortex of the Revolution (the Midwest one is Ann Arbor, of course) will beat Oregon State.

Ken Kesey's alma mater (the U of Oregon) will beat the once great but now feeble Washington Huskies.

Purdue v. Northwestern...oh boy this is a tough pick. On the one hand I like N'Western in a mild upset, on the other hand I have probably already made my quota of wild and crazy upset picks for this week...so I'll go with the seven and a half point favorite Boilermakers.

Florida International vs. North Texas...does anyone even care about this game? Fla Int'l is favored by one point...just flip a coin or something.

Nevada-Reno vs. Louisiana Tech...see above.

Alabama will beat Ol' Miss...take it to the bank!

That's all for now...have fun watching tomorrow's games!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home