Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One half of my men's NCAA bracket is totally toast thanks to North Chokealina and The Chokehio State University losing. All I have left to hope for there is for U-Conn and Villanova to win their next games.

In the Atlanta part of the bracket, on the other hand, I am almost perfect with my picks, missing only on Iowa in the first round.

In the Oakland bracket I messed up by picking both Kent State (what the hell was I thinking?) and Marquette to advance two rounds. At least Memphis and Gonzaga are still in.

I ended up getting 24 of 32 in the first round and 10 of 16 in the second, going with my original picks.

In the women's tourney I correctly called 21 of 32 first round games. The second round concludes today. At this point all four of my Final Four women's teams are still in (Tennessee, Baylor, Duke, LSU).

My biggest goofs so far in the women's bracket are Temple, Louisiana Tech, and to a lesser extent Tulsa and Bowling Green.

The Michigan men beat Notre Dame in the NIT and play Miami of Florida next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home