Jerrybear54's Sports Desk

politics sports popular culture and assorted postmodernist gibberish

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Florida drubs UCLA to win the men's NCAA basketball title. I really did not think that the Gators would win as convincingly as they did, or even that they would win at all although to the extent that I cared either way, I guess I wanted Florida to win. Not that I necessarily like them all that much, but UCLA already has a full trophy case and I am still pissed at the Bruins for beating Gonzaga.

Tonight we have Maryland vs. Duke for the NCAA women's championship. I picked Duke to win it at the start of March Madness (which it turns out carries over into April) and so I will stick with the Blue Devils.

In baseball news, my favorites the Detroit Tigers are tied for first place with the defending World Series champion Chicago White Sox! Granted, only one game has been played and the Tigers only had to beat the godawful Kansas City Royals. But still, it is nice to see the Tigers in first place. Hopefully it will last a while.

And in San Diego, a Padres fan tossed a syringe on the field at San Francisco's Barry Bonds, who is accused of using steroids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home